Orthotics is a specialty related to the application and development of the orthosis. Orthosis is mainly referred as the medical device which is applied externally and used to manage and correct the characteristics of skeletal and neuro-muscular systems.
The main functions of the Orthotics are as below
- Help in the generic movement of joints
- Restrict the movement in as per the patient condition
- Guide and limit the joint or other body part as needed
- Correct the shape in case of any deformation
- Aid in the adjustment of joints after fractures
There are different kinds of orthosis and it completely depends on the condition of the body of the patients.